Friday, January 16, 2009

Art imitates Life

I enjoy the best views in Belmont from my living room and balcony. Panning 270 degrees, I can see the lush green nature of Belmont Canyon to the fireworks of Oakland Coliseum far across the bay. In between, I look down upon most of downtown San Mateo, San Francisco, the Bay Bridge, Coyote Point, and Foster City.

On clear days, the view is really spectacular. I am going to miss them and I encourage everyone to swing by and take a look before we sell the joint. Here is a glimpse of Belmont Canyon:



Unfortunately, if I turn my head to the left I see a dated '70's fireplace. Last Sunday, we hunted down some cheap art to minimize the dated architecture. I am happy with our purchase because it pairs well with the canyon views:



If I get too bent out of shape about losing my home, maybe I'll take this cheap painting with me on the way out.

No comments: