Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Scramble Boners

Facebook is another one of those dangerous gateway drugs of the unemployed. In my mopey anti-social out-of-workiness, I pretend to keep up with friends on the www social network, yet I postpone showering for days and generally avoid going out to meet real people for networking fun. Sometimes, I'm one blue bathrobe away from some Odd Todd craziness.



Lately I've been lighting up on Scramble crackpipe. Many of my facebook friends like Chris, Keith, Joanna, and especially Naz scramble far beyond my abilities. Luckily I'm evenly matched Mike and Bex. This word puzzle game isn't the best self-esteem builder because it ranks your Word IQ. Apparently at 95, I'm literary retarded. This is due to my tendency to string together random syllables hoping to create things that could be words. Embracing my inner Butt-head, I love my scramble profile because it correctly identifies my longest word as "Boners" and yet still classifies me as an English Teacher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The trophy is a measure of dedication to craft, perhaps unrelated to skill. So every game you play, you move up toward the next trophy level.