
It's DUKE, the next door neighbor's boxer puppy dog! Duke lives at #3 Marc Plaza in Belmont. I think Karma knows of my infidelity. She smells the scent of another dog on me when I slink back into the house. Guilty, I give her an extra treat or love her up a bit more.

Although I love my dog, Duke is everything Karma isn't. While Karma most resembles a living anorexic teddy bear -- all furry and jumpy and soft, Duke is 6o pounds of raw strength and studliness. Duke has more muscles in his neck than Karma has in her whole body. Duke also has an expressive almost human face.
The differences between Man's Best Friend runs deeper than appearances. Karma is a trickster and a bit of a spoiled brat. She demands attention and knows no shame. Duke is a loyal and loving dog. Duke is visibly sad when you scold him and snorts appreciatively when you lavish him with praise.

So perhaps it is fortunate that I am relocating. Two timing Karma will come to no good. However as I am moving the very last of my stuff out of the Belmont house, I have been re-visting the neighbor's side yard to say goodbye to old Duke-y. He's a great dog and a good friend.
1 comment:
I'll miss you too Duke. But I don't think I'll miss you breaking out of your fence, running in our open front door, running up the stairs and jumping into bed with me. But the other stuff I'll miss.
Post a Comment