Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sold



We accepted an offer on the Belmont house last Tuesday night. With the buyer's contingencies expiring in an hour, hopefully its a done deal!

Overall, I think the transaction was a win-win. We priced the joint to sell and it was easily the best deal in Belmont. By all accounts (including our super spy Chris G.), the buyer was ecstatic about his purchase. He's going to get a sweet house in a primo neighborhood for less than a cool million.

On the flip-side of the coin, we received an incredibly clean As-Is offer at our asking price one day after the open house. We don't have to worry about declining real estate or that new low-ball listing on Lincoln Ave.

I would have liked multiple offers and a small bidding war, but I think one offer means we priced it right. Onward and upward. Selling in a bad market kind of sucks, but now we get to buy in the bad market.

1 comment:

Will Doolittle said...

Congrats Marc! Maybe we'll look back on this as the start of the Great Economic Turnaround of 2009...

-Will