Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Trek

Happy Trek day! You know, I don't even care if the New Trek is any good. It can't be worse than the last two movies in the franchise. I don't even remember the details, but I recall a crazy mini-me Picard and Kirk being killed off in a boring and unoriginal way... oh and they off'd a pudgy Data in some Spock wrath of khan sort of way, right? Why is it that the logical brothas always gotta go out that way?

So with lowered expectations, I'm just going to enjoy the ride. White Castle is on TV right now and Harold is going to freakin' rock as Sulu:



I'm not so sure about Shaun of the Dead as Scotty. He's funny and all that but Scotty is... well... ok... Scotty is a joke. Shaun is going kick ass!!



Err... lower expectations. lower expectations. lower expectations... It worked with Wolverine, it will work with Star Trek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean Wolverine was good?

Marc said...

nope, but I set my expectations at "Punisher War Zone" level:

X1 > X2 > Steaming Pile of dog poo > Wolverine > X3 > Punisher War Zone